Pages

Thursday 11 March 2021

The Day I Will Never Forget

Last week there was a tsunami warning from the top of the north to all the way down to Whangarei. At School we only got to play for 10 minutes then we all had to run or walk as fast as we could to get to the top of the hill near our school. We were sitting up there as parents were coming and going to get their children. Nearly half of the kids got taken home but the other half stayed. We didn’t get to take our bags so I got really hungry but I managed. We couldn't drink all our water because then we would have needed to go toilet but there were no toilets up there. We were up there for at least four hours but once we got back to school and the tsunami evacuation was over we got to drink all of the water we had and eat all our food. This really scared me and I thought there was going to be a really big tsunami but lucky it was little. The thing that I enjoyed was that I got to be with my friends while the whole thing was happening. What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you before?

No comments:

Post a Comment