Pages

Monday 14 June 2021

Outstanding Art

Kia ora in Te Ngahere we have been doing art, but not the art with pens, paint and paper we are doing it digitally. We have been doing mosaic art, we had to get a google drawing and put any picture of an animal or person of our choice, then we used the polyline tool to make shapes with gaps between each other to try create that animal. We were learning this because we have made videos to put around our school explaining what animals and trees we have and why we need them. We made these for Q.R codes, so then we can just put the video on the picture. I really enjoyed doing this because we did this last year. The thing that I think I did well was that I used the right colors to really make the animal stand out. Last year I only did one animal which was a panda, but this year I tried doing all sorts of animals for example I did a Rabbit, Giraffe, Bird, Red Panda, a normal Panda and a Fox. The thing that I found hard about this activity was trying to make the really little shapes so that I could add more detail. I wouldn’t do anything differently because I am really happy with the way they turned out. This is one animal that I did, I hope you enjoy it. Have you ever done mosaic art before? Bye bye!

6 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Jade it is Jaelyn - Marie in your class. I really like your blog post about “outstanding art ” because you have explained your blog post very well and it was organised very well too. I also like your blog because your mosaic art is awesome and it actually looks like what you have chosen to do. I also did mosaic art too but I chose to do a giraffe.
    Were you happy with your animal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jealyn-Marie, thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog post.To answer your question, yes I was very happy with the way it turned out.
      Bye!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jade R its Mahana your friend and I just wanted to say how much I loved you blog post about mosaic art because it looked so amazing and unique. I also liked how you said that you did it digitally and not on paper.
    I think that your mosaic art was incredibly beautiful because It is such a great way to show animals and I agree that you choose to use the right colors to match the animal. I have also done mosaic art but I have not done the one for the QR codes.
    Why did you choose to show your bird and not one of your other animals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mahana, thank you for commenting on my blog. To answer your question, I wanted to do a bird because no one else was doing them and I wanted to do something different.
      Bye!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jade It’s me Breeze. I chose to comment on your blogpost because your blogpost about the mosaic art we have been doing seemed so interesting. I liked how you added what you did well and what was challenging for you, I also found the small shapes was challenging for me too because there is a certain minimum size the shape will form, if it is too small it will form a line and not the shape you want. Did you know that? What was your favourite part about this activity? Keep up the good work.
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Breeze, thank you do much for choosing my blog post to comment on. Also thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. To answer your questions, yes I did know that if you try make the shape really small it will turn into a line. My favourite part about this was getting to chose which animal we wanted to do our mosaic art about.
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete