Pages

Monday 2 August 2021

Dot Plot

Kia ora in Te Ngahere we have been doing maths. For maths we have been learning about dot plots. We got a sheet of data, the data was about how far room 1 can throw a tennis ball. This data was already in a dot plot but there was more data that wasn’t in a dot plot that was room 2s data. For room 1s data I found out that the lowest throw was 3 and the farthest throw was 19. For room 2’s data the lowest number was 6 and the highest number was 20. I really enjoyed this because I learnt what the word range means. When we first started this I thought range meant how far the ball went but it actually meant, how much is in between the lowest and highest number, for example the range of room 1s data was 16 because the longest throw for room 1 was 19 and the lowest throw was 3 so you just take away 3 from 19 and you get 16. The part that I think I could of done better was to look at the teachers DLO so that my DLO would be more understandable for the people who have no clue what a dot plot is and what I was talking about. When our teacher did it she made it so clear by showing step by step what to do and pointed to what she was talking about. Have you ever made a dot plot before?

No comments:

Post a Comment