Pages

Friday 2 July 2021

Great Marble Challenge:

Kia ora, Last week in Te Ngahere we started doing a marble challenge. In this marble challenge we had to create a ramp that the marble would travel down and stop exactly on 1.1 meters. We created these ramps because we were going to have a competition to see who’s ramp worked the best and why. We were allowed to use whatever we wanted to make the ramps. Once we made our ramps we then created our instructions, the reason why we created instructions was because we were not constructing our ramps another group was. I really enjoyed doing this because when we did this two years ago I had no idea what to do and what would help the ramp work better and what wouldn’t, but this year I remembered from two years ago what worked well and what didn’t. I also really enjoyed this because it was a great experience for the year 6’s to have a go and celebrate with us. Something I think I would work on or do better next time is that I would work on making my instructions clearer. When we did this we also had to follow the scientific method, if you don’t know what the scientific method is it is 1 ask a questions, 2 gather information, 3 make an hypothesis, 4 test and experiment, 5 analyze your test results, 6 modify your hypothesis if needed, 7 then present your conclusion and the last step is to get someone else to test your hypothesis. I hope we get to do this again soon because it as a great experience to do with the year 6’s. Have you ever made a ramp before?

No comments:

Post a Comment